Monday, March 5, 2012

To the finger and back


There's a place here called Finger Mountain. Everyone here thinks it looks like the middle finger. We decided to go hiking to this mountain one day. It was a great hike!



This is at the beginning of the hike where we parked the car.


The view on our journey!


We're getting closer!!


I found a chair to take a break in.


Cactus!


As we were walking downhill, I just happened to notice something moving right where my foot was about to land. I looked down and found this cute little guy. A baby torturous! I guess they have become very rare in this area so I was happy that we found one.

Looking back on where we just hiked.


Almost to the finger! We hiked to the crevice in between the rocks where the road is leading to.


We made it!! This is the view of the other side of Finger Mountain.

We cheated and took the road back to the car. It was a fun hike. I hope it doesn't warm too quickly. I don't want to hike in 100 degree weather! I will definitely enjoy it while I can.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Fun! I jealous...I want to go hiking! You can come put your feet in our sand here at one of our many beaches...we have a LOT of sand! :)