Sunday, January 22, 2012

Wind

There are a lot of things about Bullhead City's weather that is different than what I'm used to. One of those things is the wind. I know that Idaho has its share of wind, but I have never experienced wind like I have here. We have wind advisories all the time and yesterday was no different. I was cleaning my apartment and listening to music when I heard the wind. I kept turning up my music because the wind was so loud. Finally, I went outside and thought I was going to blow away. I looked online to see how fast it was and we were getting wind gusts up to 50-60 mph. The gusts of wind kept coming one after the other and I honestly thought my apartment was going to blow away. This morning when I left, this is what was laying next to my apartment door.


The tree by my apartment was completely uprooted. Poor little tree! There isn't any wind today and it's nice having a break from it!

Until next time wind!

2 comments:

Kate said...

I never thought there could be a place windier than Idaho! Go figure--you find it! :)

The Blair's said...

Hey Tandy,
When you need a break from all that wind, head over this way. We'd love to have you in beautiful sunny, warm, non-windy Arizona.
Peggy-Penny, Pam, and Kate's sister:)