Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The story of the plastic fork

I was looking through old pictures and found lots that I need to share. There was one in particular that brought back a lot of memories for me. When I was in college, I would make lunches and freeze them. Each morning I would pull one out, put it in my backpack for safe keeping, and pull it out whenever I had a moment to eat. One day had been a really crazy, hard day. It was one of those days when everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. I didn't get to my frozen dish of delight until around 4 or 5pm so I was starving. I was grateful to get off my feet, fill my belly, and relax. I opened up my backpack, pulled out my food, and reached back in to grab my fork and found this......




As soon as I saw this fork, I actually laughed out loud. My thought at this exact moment was this, "Today has been a tough day, but I am SO glad I am not this fork right now." I keep this picture to remind me that no matter how vulnerable, insecure, or weak I may feel at certain moments, I am not made of plastic. I am made of strong material and I can make it through those challenging moments in life. I know we all face them. So, next time you're having a hard day, look at this picture and tell yourself, "I am stronger than this fork. I can do it!"

I still look at this picture and laugh. I mean seriously, have you ever seen a plastic fork look THIS pitiful??? And if you're wondering...yes, I did eat my food with this sad looking fork and it did serve its purpose! So...if a fork that looks like this is still able to fulfill the purpose of its creation, imagine what you can do!

And for the record, I really am glad that I'm not this plastic fork!!

1 comment:

Camclan said...

That's an inspiring story! Thanks for sharing! I will totally remember that fork when things get tough!