Saturday, March 13, 2010

Fat kids CAN run!!

So, I've been getting really fat and gross in the past couple of years! The winters are especially bad for me for getting out of shape and a few spare tires around the waist. I have such a hard time working out inside. I love being outside and don't like being confined to a machine to keep me in shape. But in Idaho, that's really the only thing to do because 1-it's so cold to run outside, and 2-there's no where to run because the sidewalks are covered in snow. It finally took my 9 year old nephew telling me in a concerned voice that he couldn't find my ribs to tickle them, and asking if I had any, to get myself in gear and do something about this flab! I've been working out at least 3 to 5 times a week, and I feel so much better. Today, we finally decided to brave the weather and go outside and play ultimate frisbee. Eventhough it snowed on us, it was so great to be outside!!! It was the weirdest thing too, I felt so good! I didn't run out of breath. I didn't feel like I was going to die! I kept up with everyone else! It felt great!! Every spring, I have to get myself back into shape and hate life for the first few weeks while my body adjusts. But this year, none of that!! I'm already in shape, and ready for the sunny weather so I can really get into my sports again! All I have to say is, thank goodness for free workout equipment at the university! I love feeling healthy and being active! I'm actually thinking about running a half marathon this summer because I've never done it before and have always wanted to. And if I do marathons, I'll have great reason to stay in shape during the winter months. But don't quote me on that because we all know that the fat kid is still in there someone, and is just dying to come out! I'll just have to feed her a doughnut every once in a while to keep her satisfied!
Good day blogging buddies!

PS- If Meg is reading this, I appologize ahead of time for using the "fat kid" phrase! It's just so hard to kick it from the vocabulary! Please forgive!!

Love ya'll!!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Haha! I was just about to comment on it, til I read your ps. I forgive you. You should blog more often. I like your posts.

There is something about Idaho and fluffing up. Like we are eskimos or something. When I moved to Las Vegas, I lost 10 pounds without even trying. I didn't have an Iceburg winter to survive.

Adrianna said...

Dear Tandy, you should blog soon. The end. Love, Adrianna