Monday, June 15, 2009

Nothing like the ER.....

Today started off like any other day! Forced myself out of bed. Went to my American Heritage class. Changed into PE clothes and went to my PE methods class. Well, instead of going from PE to home like I usually do, I guess I needed a detour today.
As you can see from my pretty little bracelet, I found myself in the ER. And to be honest with you, I'm not completely clear on how I got there. We were playing a tag game, and two people had to grab the item in the middle and run back without getting tagged. I was to the item first, and as I moved my head down and over to grab the item, it somehow made direction contact with the knee flying towards it. All I really remember is falling sideways, putting my hands over my face, and when I pulled my hands away, they were covered with blood. So in case you have forgotten, this is what my face looked like before the accident.......
......And this is after! Real attractive isn't it. I'm deformed!!








You can't tell how swollen it is in the pictures, but I'm having a hard time with fat lips. I have to drink out of straws, and rice is about the only thing I've braved so far. While at the hospital, I had to get a cat scan. They didn't feel like I was reacting as well as they thought I should be. I just think they wanted to make sure I really had a brain!! So, for those of you non-believers out there...I have proof!!
My cat scan was fine, but I do have a concussion, which isn't something I'd really recommend to anyone! So, I decided that since I can't really go anywhere without getting super dizzy or nauseated, that I'd let ya'll know that yes, I am still alive for the time being!
Well, I hope everyone's elses faces are looking better than mine! Love ya'll!!!

3 comments:

Adrianna said...

oh my gosh! you really did hit a dead end! i'm glad you can have a sense of humor about it! I'm sorry you found yourself in the ER and i'm sorry that your face is funny lookinger but I'm glad you are ok! I hope you get better soon!

Adrianna said...

to tell you the truth i'm surprised fat kid could run fast enough to get there first...i guess that's the lesson learned when fat kids start to lose weight..now i have an excuse for when mom tries to get me to go running! lol

Pam Emerson said...

Oh, my, goodness! I'm so glad you are ok! Thanks for sharing with us!

Good luck with everything, heal quickly, and get back to your "normal" self! (Whatever that is! ;)

~Pam