Thursday, March 24, 2011

Student teaching

Hello dear friends!

I graduate in two weeks and I'm starting to freak out a little! I just received my student teaching placement today and everything is beginning to set in. There really is an end!! I really am leaving Rexburg! The school I will be at is only about 15 minutes from my apartment depending on traffic, so it shouldn't be too bad. Yay for student teaching!
I also just finished up my BIGGEST stress of my college career!! Portfolio review! Gag!!! For those of you who don't know what this is...it's terrible!!
It's where you have to put a portfolio together of your entire college education and have everything a certain way. Then, you will take yourself and your portfolio and present to a committee. You have 15 minutes to share your speech, (or basically where you prove to them that you're ready to go on to student teaching!) Then, for the next 15 minutes they can ask you any question they want to ask. After that, you leave and they deliberate about you. When they're finished, you go back in and they tell you whether or not you can go on to student teaching.
Don't get me wrong, it's not hard, it's intimidating! Very!! I'm so glad it's over and that there's life after portfolio!! :)
It'll be weird being in Utah, but it'll only be for 3 months. Plus, Utah is beautiful in the summer and I'm planning on spending a lot of time in the mountains!! I have really missed the mountains after living in Rexburg for 5 years.

Yay for life!!!

2 comments:

Erin Farrar said...

That is awesome that your graduating! Woot, getting out of Rexburg, weird. Good luck, enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tandy, I just saw this from Pam's blog. I am finishing my student teaching in three weeks and will be graduating on May 8th. I can't believe it's finally here, but your time will go quickly. What grade are you teaching? What school will you be at? If you want any last minute pointers from a person in the middle of student teaching who would understand what you are going through, feel free to get in touch with me. Good luck with everything! Peggy